Call for Artists – Artlink Seeks 2-D Work For Art Detour 25
Artlink Phoenix seeks to commission an artwork or artworks for Art Detour 25. The work will be used in a designed format as the basis for the Art Detour 25 poster, postcard and other marketing materials.
This artwork should:
- Create excitement and interest for the community
- Potentially (but not necessarily) honor and commemorate the history of Art Detour.
- Celebrate the artistic community in the downtown Phoenix area.
- Inspire people to remember the past, and to appreciate the cultural legacy that belongs to them and to future generations
The artwork (s) must be a flat work in any medium – but will be represented digitally in all paper and electronic collateral. The original piece will be displayed during Art Detour 25 at the A.E. England gallery. The size of original piece does not matter – it will be represented as a poster, postcard and online in various sizes.
The artist may be asked to work with designers to help format the poster, etc. The original artwork will remain the property of the artist.
Eligibility: Any artist currently living and working in Arizona.
Deadline for submissions: December 15, 2012
Digital representations must reach the Artlink board via email or flash drive. The work will be chosen and the announcement made on December 31, 2012.
The Artlink board reserves the right to change the project timeline.
How to Apply
Artists interested in this project must prepare and submit the following:
- A digital representation of the piece. No larger than 1 MB. This should be a JPG, TIFF. PDF or PNG file. Submission files will not be returned.
- A note with current contact info.
- A maximum of three works.
- Titles, dates of completion, materials used in the original work, any other background information deemed necessary.
Please submit all materials to: email@example.com