We invite you to enjoy the destinations listed and depicted on the map below. Find what’s Happening Now here.
Enjoy the spirit and culture of downtown Phoenix as you mingle with thousands of other residents and visitors. Tour art galleries, venues, and related spaces from 6:00 to 10:00 p.m. every First Friday of the month. (Note: each art space has their own hours.)
Want to plan your route ahead of time? Sign up for Artlink’s newsletter to read up on art happenings, exhibitions and more!
Trolley Tour Hub Locations
See Maps Below
Artlink works with community partners to expand access to our First Friday Trolley Tour, highlighting readily available parking, walkable destinations and access from Valley Metro Rail.
There are now five Park-and-Ride Hub Stops:
- Phoenix Art Museum (1625 N. Central Ave. MAP)
- The Phoenix Art Museum will NOT offer parking in April. Park at Central Arts Plaza, at 1850 N. Central Ave. Trolley service will be available from the museum.
- Heard Museum (2301 N. Central Ave. MAP)
- Oasis on Grand (15th and Grand Aves, in the Grand Avenue Arts District MAP)
- CityScape (1 E. Washington St. MAP)
- CityScape will NOT be on the April First Friday route.
- Arizona Center (400 E. Van Buren St. MAP) – now hosted by Downtown Phoenix Ambassadors!
- APRIL ONLY: Parking at Bentley Projects will close at 10 p.m. Trolley service will be available.
- Park and Ride: Park at any one of these locations and catch the FREE Artlink First Friday trolley that makes it easy to go from one arts area to another (Arizona Center and CityScape may require payment or parking validation).
- Maps: Maps will be available at the Phoenix Art Museum and on the trolleys.
- Trolley Schedule: Trolleys will run in a complete circuit from 6:00 p.m. until 10:00 p.m., stopping at each of the hubs in approximately 25-minute intervals. THE LAST CIRCUIT IS AT 9:30 PM, so make sure you’re on board and heading back to your car or your light rail station by that time.
Click on the images below for a full screen view.
NEW DIGITAL MAP!
Artlink has created a new way to promote First and Third Friday exhibitions and activities. In addition to ArtlinkPhoenix.com, we invite you to explore a new online map Phoenix Urban Guide (aka “PUG”).
PUG is a new destination map that connects Phoenix residents and visitors to cultural destinations, dining, retail and more. Currently in the BETA (or “puppy” stage), PUG was developed by Artlink Inc. through a ReinventPHX grant in partnership with the City of Phoenix Community & Economic Development Department, the City of Phoenix Office of Arts & Culture, Valley Metro, Downtown Phoenix Inc., and the Phoenix Convention Center, and in collaboration with the Roosevelt Row, Grand Avenue, Central, and Warehouse Arts Districts.
Tips for Making the Most of the Hubs
1. Want to go to Roosevelt Row?
- Consider taking light rail to the Roosevelt and Central station and walking from there.
- OR park at the new Artlink Trolley Hub at the Arizona Center (may require payment or parking validation). Your first stop will be Roosevelt Row. (If you park at the Phoenix Art Museum, Roosevelt Row will be the last stop on the trolley route. Again, if you park at the Arizona Center, it will be the first stop on the trolley route.)
2. Want to go to Grand Avenue?
- Park at the new Artlink Trolley Hub at the corner of 15th and Grand Aves. and discover the wonderful new streetscape in the area. You can walk to visit galleries and shops and restaurants further down the street, or catch the free trolley on the corner and take the complete downtown circuit.
3. Make the most of Valley Metro Rail!
- The next best thing to the trolley ride is the Valley Metro Rail line that connects you with Phoenix Art Museum, the Roosevelt/Central stop, and the arts experiences available in the downtown core. You can even call or text to find the time of the next arrival (PDF link here). (THERE IS A FEE to ride light rail.)
3. Interested in discovering new places?
- Study the Artlink First Friday map and discover the galleries and restaurants tucked into the “spaces in-between,” including along McDowell Rd., on 1st Ave, 4th Ave and 6th Avenue.
Our goal with the new route and the expanded trolley hubs is to make it easier for downtown visitors to discover the full spectrum of arts experiences available on First Friday. With this new system, you can ride light rail, or drive and park at a number of locations and have ready access to a free trolley to get you everywhere you want to go.
Discover all that First Fridays in downtown Phoenix has to offer!
To get your art exhibited in a local art space, visit each space to see which ones may best fit your style. Contact the curator directly about their submission policy.
There are several places for vending opportunities on First Fridays:
For questions about vending license and fees, please contact the host district.