Enjoy the spirit and culture of downtown Phoenix as you mingle with thousands of other residents and visitors. Tour art galleries, venues, and related spaces from 6:00 to 10:00 p.m. every First Friday of the month. (Note: each art space has their own hours.)
Want to plan your route ahead of time? Sign up for Artlink’s newsletter to read up on art happenings, exhibitions and more!
New Trolley Tour Hub Locations!
Artlink is working with community partners to expand access to our First Friday Trolley Tour, highlighting readily available parking, walkable destinations and identify easy tour access from METRO light rail.
Beginning in November, Artlink is rolling out two new First Friday Trolley Hubs. In addition to the current Hub at the Phoenix Art Museum (1625 N. Central Ave. MAP), there will be a new Hub at 15th and Grand Aves (in the Grand Avenue Arts District MAP), and another at Arizona Center (400 E. Van Buren St. MAP).
- Park and Ride: Park at any one of these locations and catch the FREE Artlink First Friday trolley that makes it easy to go from one arts area to another.
- Maps: Maps will be available at the Phoenix Art Museum and on the trolleys.
- Trolley Schedule: Trolleys will run in a complete circuit from 6:00 p.m. until 10:00 p.m., stopping at each of the hubs in approximately 15-minute intervals. THE LAST CIRCUIT IS AT 9:30 PM, so make sure you’re on board and heading back to your car or your light rail station by that time.
Tips for Making the Most of the Hubs:
1. Want to go to Roosevelt Row?
- Consider taking light rail to the Roosevelt and Central station and walking from there.
- OR park at the new Artlink Trolley Hub at the Arizona Center. You can park, get your parking validated at Obliq Gallery in the Center and hop on a free trolley. Your first stop will be Roosevelt Row. (If you park at the Phoenix Art Museum, Roosevelt Row will be the last stop on the trolley route. Again, if you park at the Arizona Center, it will be the first stop on the trolley route.)
2. Want to go to Grand Avenue?
- Park at the new Artlink Trolley Hub at the corner of 15th and Grand Aves. and discover the wonderful new streetscape in the area. You can walk to visit galleries and shops and restaurants further down the street, or catch the free trolley on the corner and take the complete downtown circuit.
3. Make the most of METRO Light Rail!
- The next best thing to the trolley ride is the METRO Light Rail line that connects you with Phoenix Art Museum, the Roosevelt/Central stop, and the arts experiences available in the downtown core. You can even call or text to find the time of the next arrival (PDF link here). (THERE IS A FEE to ride Light Rail.)
3. Interested in discovering new places?
- Study the Artlink First Friday map and discover the galleries and restaurants tucked into the “spaces in-between,” including along McDowell Rd., on 1st Ave, 4th Ave and 6th Avenue.
Our goal with the new route and the expanded trolley hubs is to make it easier for downtown visitors to discover the full spectrum of arts experiences available on First Friday. With this new system, you can ride light rail, or drive and park at a number of locations and have ready access to a free trolley to get you everywhere you want to go.
Discover all that First Fridays in downtown Phoenix has to offer!
The First Friday Trolley Tour Map is courtesy of Downtown Phoenix Journal and guide yourself throughout downtown Phoenix.
You can click on the image below for a full screen view.
Maps are also available at the Phoenix Art Museum shuttle stop on First Fridays.
To get your art exhibited in a local art space, visit each space to see which ones may best fit your style. Contact the curator directly about their submission policy.
There are several places for vending opportunities on First Fridays:
For questions about vending license and fees, please contact the host district.